After having a weekend of fun and shenanigans, I call up my Visa to see where my balance stands at. I listen to the automated voice tell me what it is, and I just start shaking. My hands are having a little bit of problems writing down all the figures that the voice is telling me, but I continue to do it. After it's over, I sit back. When will I learn that it's time to stop going out and spending all my money, and start saving.
I'm supposed to be going to San Francisco in September. My friend doesn't have a credit card, so it all has to go onto mine. I need to bring my limit down low enough so that I can do it. That shouldn't be a problem, $57 a pay cheque in order to do so, and I already put at least that amount on there. But what I need to do is stop spending the money.
I've done pretty well this year so far, except for this weekend when my friend and I decided to do a pub crawl in Whistler. Different bar for every period of the hockey game.
I love having my friends, but oh boy does it cost money sometimes.
As much as I do love them and going out, sometimes I wish that I didn't... That I could just go back to rarely going out and spending money. What I have cut down in coffee and eating out, I'm spending on nights out with them.
I'm young, I want to have fun... But I don't know if my stomach and my bank account can keep up with the beers.
No comments:
Post a Comment