Memories are a beautiful, yet tragic thing to possess. Sometimes they can bring a smile to a tearful face. Others, the complete opposite.
Sometimes I go back, and remember what we once had. How happy we were, how completely in love we were. I choose to not remember the bad times. The fights we had, how easily you chose your friends over me.
I just remember how convinced we were that we were meant for each other. Even up to a year after we broke up. We just thought that it wasn't the right time. That the time would come, we would grow up, and be together, complete.
But that time will never come. We were so young and dumb, how could we make such adult promises?
However, sometimes, I wish that you will remember me. Remember us, our good times, all the plans we made, dreams we had. I wonder what would happen if you ever came back to me. In my dreams, we are so happy. Completely, incandescently happy.
I cling on to these memories when I need a smile on my face wet with tears. It never really works.
No comments:
Post a Comment