Sunday, May 6, 2012

In Sacred Flames

In the past two weeks, a boy from high school has recently gotten back in contact with me. We were texting every day, he called me a few times. Sometimes I got really annoyed with him, like the way he seemed to get impatient when it took me too long to reply to him.

We had made plans to hang out yesterday, had them planned for about a week. So when the day came, I messaged him, asking when and where he wanted to meet up. Unfortunately, it seemed as if he had a lot of errands that he had to do, so he was going to message me when he was ready to go. This all went down at about 11:30.

By 1, I was bored and getting impatient, so I decided to start a Star Wars marathon. Then 3 rolled by, so I decided to order a pizza. By 5:30, he had finally messaged me, saying he was ready to go. I wasn't sure if I wanted to hang out anymore at this point. Then he showed up at my house. I was very upset that my Star Wars day was coming to an end, but I drank my sorrows away.

I ended up playing a drinking game, without him noticing. Whenever he said "retarded" or any form of it, I would chug my beer. Or when he showed me a picture, I would chug my beer. Double chug if it was of one of his cats.

For some reason, I decided to go with him to his friends party. I'm pretty sure it was because I was already kind of drunk. Even though he was a douche, he is attractive. It's been awhile. Whatever, don't judge.

So off we went on an adventure to downtown, had more drinks, then we were on our way to leave. He had said he checked the website and the last skytrain was leaving at 1:40. It left at 1:10.

Then he said he checked the website, and a bus was going to be coming in 15 minutes. We were no where near a bus stop.

I was getting very angry at this point, as I absolutely hate being downtown at that time. There are freaks down there! I asked a police officer for directions to catch the night bus, and we went on our merry way, I was dragging him, I was tired of him and sad that he was going to be coming to my house. He was probably going to try and sleep in my bed. And I knew that the bus ride was going to be at least an hour long.

But then... I met a boy on the train.

He overheard me mention how I had Steel Panther stuck in my head (absolute favourite song of the moment: Weenie Ride), and we talked every now and then about music. Tid bits here and there. Then he took my iPod, looked through, I gave him a headphone, he gave me his iPhone to search through his music, "Now don't be going through my phone at all. We wouldn't want you putting your number in there or anything." Of course, I did. He put his arm around me so I wouldn't fall, as we all were standing.

And where was my friend this whole time? I did not care. I was sad when I had to get off the bus, but he gave me a little kiss before I got off the bus. Will I hear from him? I don't know if I will. If not, that's okay. I'm used to it by this point.

When we got back to my house, he still tried to sleep in my bed. What an idiot.

No comments: