6:38am - Alarm goes off. This week: S&M by Rihanna. Snooze button.
6:43am - Alarm goes off again. Snooze button.
6:48am - Alarm goes off again. Snooze button.
6:53am - Alarm goes off again. Dismiss. I get up, find clothes. Go to the kitchen, clean the coffee filter from previous use, get coffee ready. Don't hit start. After hair is dried.
Put iPod in dock, put on a song that is roughly 8 minutes long. Feature of the week: Wheel of Time by Blind Guardian. Goal: Be out of shower by the end of the song. Usually succeed.
Get out of the shower, dry body. Wet bangs again, hair is fine so it dries quickly. Style bangs, blow dry hair. Start coffee. Moisturize face, put on mascara. No need for other makeup, hate the stuff.
Put clothes on. Grab coffee, throw in cream and sugar. Turn computer on, open window, turn on light, light a cigarette. Sit on Facebook and smoke for 15 minutes. Prepare yourself for the boring day to come.
7:49am - Rinse out coffee cup. Brush teeth.
7:54am - Leave for work. Go to bus stop, see boo. Talk about unimportant stuff, possible serenade her if the mood and song is right.
Roughly 8:38am - Get to work. Talk to co-worker about meaningless stuff that has happened since last seen her. Look for timesheets to post.
Wander around office, sit at desk, wait for smoke breaks, hope that no one sees you and gives you work. Wait for 5:00pm so that you can go home.
To do what? Sit there. Read, maybe watch TV or a movie, sit on Facebook for the entire night.
This is the adult life. Too poor to go out. Not enough energy to do it even if there was money.
Such boring routine to life. Once in a while something interesting will happen.
I'm still in the spot where I don't feel like I'm living. I'm just here.
But I have high hopes for 2011. This will be a better year. I will get my raise that I was promised six months ago. I'll get control of my finances.
This will be a better year. This will be a better year. This will be a better year.
Maybe if I say it enough times, it will come true.
No comments:
Post a Comment